When Franco and Piera Belli built their modernist, architect designed Mosman home in 1966 they knew it would turn heads.
With vast, open spaces, full width balconies and walls of glass, 16 Kiora Ave, quickly became an iconic local beach house, renowned for its glamorous sunset parties held on the rooftop terrace.
The prestige home is located on one of Mosman’s most tightly held streets.
“My parents spent the best part of fifty years drinking, dancing and enjoying the incredible rooftop views with Sydney’s party set,” daughter Francesca Belli said, “it’s been a home filled with fun, frivolity and family.”
Elevated and private, the four-bedroom, three-bathroom family haven on 612 sqm sits perfectly in one of Mosman’s most tightly held cul-de-sacs and celebrates stunning views over Rosherville Reserve and Chinamans Beach.
The rooftop balcony has hosted glamorous parties for Sydney’s social set over the past 50 years.
“Mum and dad chose this part of Mosman to raise three kids because of the magical setting,” Francesca said, “We have been blessed to call it home.”
But with Franco and Piera now gone, the time is right for the family to move.
It’s been listed for sale with prestige agents Michael Coombs and Priscilla Ouvrier from Atlas Lower North Shore.
Franco and Piera Belli photographed in their Mosman “dream home” built in 1966.
“The home is in a super-premium location on one of the most tightly held streets in Mosman,” listing agent Priscilla Ouvrier said, “every room soaks up majestic views over treetops and the harbour.”
“It’s the first time the home has been to market which gives you an idea of just how special the property is.”
See inside 16 Kiora Avenue, Mosman:
Boasting a clever floorplan with multiple living zones and a lower level suitable for extended family or an au-pair, the property is stunning as-is, but offers the chance to renovate or rebuild subject to Council approval.
“While the residence was built to last, a buyer could easily create their dream home here,” Ms Ouvrier said.
“In my view this is the perfect opportunity to secure an outstanding lifestyle position with the chance to add maximum value in a prestigious Golden Triangle location.”
- Built, owned and cherished by one family since 1966
- Elevated layout basks in cool breezes and treetop water views
- Open living space extends to outdoor entertaining areas
- Lower level rumpus/teenagers’ retreat and home office
- Vast rooftop entertaining terrace with spectacular coastal views
- Granite kitchen appointed with a large island bench
- Bright bedrooms with full height windows, views and built-ins
- Large bathroom has separate bath/shower and twin basin
- Inclinator access from double garage level to top floor
- Opportunity to add value and capitalise if desired
Best suited for:
- Ideal for growing families who seek a rare opportunity to add value and enjoy a relaxed lifestyle of entertaining, leisure, and community in a blue ribbon harbourside area.